Tackle it Tuesday
>> 21 October 2008

About 2 years (or so) ago, I started packing to move to another town. The housing market blew up about that time, the house sat on the market for month after month after month... Eventually Duller got another job back in this area. We thought we'd go ahead and sell, since we both wanted to move at some point. Our realtor was pressing us to renew his contract, assuring us that the market had picked up. Yes, he did start making sales again, but it didn't last. In our usual procrastinatory fashion, we never did renew that contract. And I've only recently started unpacking all those boxes. This bunch was in our bedroom. Not much of a haven to retreat to at the end of the day, is it?

Thanks to Tackle it Tuesday, sponsored by the lovely ladies over at 5 Minutes for Mom, I've been motivated to shove procrastination aside and tackle these unpleasantries with gusto. First, I catalogued these book on LibraryThing. All our bookshelves are overflowing already, so they've been stashed away for a future tackle.
The other boxes were almost like Christmas presents. There were so many things I'd forgotten I owned. And more than a few that made me wonder why on earth I ever bought, much less kept, such a thing. Yeah, I have a real problem letting go. But I'm working on a new attitude about that. After all, I haven't even seen those things in 2 years. And I certainly haven't missed them. So I reckon it's time to let someone else enjoy dusting them.
Duller is thrilled with the new look. OK, it'll never make the pages of Elegant Living, but it's a place for him to sit in the mornings and tie his shoes. And it's a whole lot nicer to look at than a stack of boxes. 8-}
I know, I know... I just looked at the picture again and... yeah, the see-thru storage has to go. Ah, well, another 5 minutes...








4 comments:
That bench is adorable. Kudos to you for tackling the boxes. We did the SAME thing and I believe we have all the boxes unpacked at this time, LOL. ;)
SophieMae,
Love the bench...and I didn't even notice the see through bins until you said something!
Good job, girlie! Hugs to you!
When we thought we were moving a couple years ago I packed a bunch of stuff and stashed it in the closet. I just about 4 months ago unpacked everything lol. I figured we're staying so why not and it was like Christmas. I had forgotten about most of that stuff.
Great job my friend.
Good job!
Post a Comment