Dear friends and ketchup

>> 22 October 2008

Catch-up, actually. I blame Tackle it Tuesday for my behindness. Well, that and constant interruptions - real life does, at times, cramp my cyber-style. I've been overly-motivated to transform this place before Christmas. Duller, of course, has no complaints. 8-} But I feel so guilty when I neglect sweet friends and new acquaintances. So, if you asked me a question or left a comment that deserves a response, this post is for you.


First, I want to thank dear Kim for thinking of me when passing along this award! I'm touched beyond words. 8-]



Before passing it on to other sweet thangs, there are a few questions attached..

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? Just one. And I've known her, literally, my whole life. Yes, our mothers were friends, pregnant together, and we were born in the same month. We don't stay in touch as much as we'd like, but even after several years, we always pick up where we left off. There is one other that I'd give just about anything to find again. We were like Siamese twins through jr and sr high. After graduation, I moved away. We found each other a few years later, living just a few miles apart, then she got married and had some weird (and scary) dealings with her DH's ex. Suddenly, I heard no more and often think of her and wonder how she's doing. (Doris, if you're out there, contact me!!!)


2. What do you value most about your friends? Loyalty. The Bible says that if you want to HAVE a friend, you should BE a friend. I've found that too few people these days know how to BE a friend. I've known a lot of people who have made me feel HAD, but I treasure the rare few who have BEEN.


3. Are your friends your sounding boards? Rarely. I'm extremely private and introverted. Even Duller doesn't hear everything, but I'm working on being more open. Oddly, there are times I can talk to a stranger more easily. (Weird, huh?)


4. What is your favourite activity to share with your friends? Cruising the wildlife refuge(s), running the roads and spending hours in Books-a-Million. Haven't done that in a long time, though. When we were younger and looked much better in a bathing suit, we spent every possible moment on the beach.



And now to pass the torch to 5 friends.

1. SwampAngel - I'm pretty sure she's my sister from another mother. 8-]
2. Brenda - one of the few people I know, besides myownself, who 'doesn't have an accent'. ;-}
3. Meems - One of these days we'll be in the same town at the same time.
And for 4&5, sorry, but it just has to be done. Kathy and Kim have been so welcoming since I started spreading my blogger wings. I felt an immediate cyber-connection with both and hope we do get to meet someday.


Now, for all y'all who want to be flies on the walls of my life... LOL... it can get pretty weird at times. Yes, weirder than you've heard so far. Tune in tomorrow to see what I mean.

As for the thyroid/weight loss thing... I highly recommend the book I mentioned... Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled? by Drs Richard and Karilee Shames. I won't be specific about the supplements I take, coz there are several different endocrine types and each requires a different approach. I was amazed at how quickly I started seeing results. I take 3 or 4 vitamin/mineral supplements, cut back on bread and avoid chlorine, fluorine and bromine. I've kept that weight off for more than a year now and have yet to get off my backside for any regular exercise. But I am determined to do that and get back to my wedding-weight before my next anniversary. (My original goal was by Christmas, but how likely is that?) I promise I am going to stop procrastinating... next week. ;}

Have a JESUS-filled day!

4 comments:

Anonymous 23 October, 2008 23:04  

(HUGE Snork!!) Doesn't have an accent? Ask my Yankee relatives about that one, LOL. But compared to the rest of our southern sisterns, I reckon not, ha ha.

And how come I'm just now learning about this particular blog site? You have more surprises than jack-in-the-box.

SwampAngel65 24 October, 2008 08:48  

Thanks, "Sis"! I KNOW we are sisters from different mothers...we just have too much in common not to be ;) One of these days, I'll have to get up your way so we can go exploring.

I used to be introverted, but over the years have really changed. I find myself with diahrea of the mouth more often than I like and usually end up kicking myself for it. But it does makes me feel better if I am able to talk to someone about the things that are bugging me. Friends give me strength and encouragement and sometimes I just need that extra boost. So anytime you feel the need...you can always talk to me!

SophieMae 24 October, 2008 10:54  

Brenda, that was my stab at facetiousness. People tell me I have one, but I think THEY are the ones who have accents. To my ears, you sound normal. 8-]

SwampAngel, I'm not so shy as I once was, and I have actually been known to speak my mind to strangers who illegally park in handicapped spots or leave their dogs in hot cars. 8-}

Meems 29 October, 2008 22:18  

Hey, I apologize it has taken me a few days to get over here. For some reason I couldn't open this site a couple of times...

Anyway, thanks for thinking of me. Already connected in our hearts in so many ways... someday... sametown, sameplace.

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP