Friday Funnies

>> 24 October 2008



Click the pic for more Friday Funnies


SHOCKED by SHAMPOO

Some of the Sophie stories I've posted here were reruns DS has saved. He loves to re-read them every now and then. I'm sure I wrote the shampoo story, but it seems to have disappeared. So I'll try my best to remember how it went down.

The guys were out for the day, presumably doing guy things. Eager to take advantage of the rare alone time, I grabbed my radio and headed for the bathroom. I had just bought a new hair care kit that had gotten some really good reviews. I was sure I'd be mistaken for one of Charlie's Angels after using it. I plugged in the radio and made sure it was as far away from any water as possible. Once I had my favourite Christian station tuned in, I opened the first bottle, a pre-conditioner, and tipped it to pour some into my hand. It was a bit thick and came out slowly. One little drop fell to my fingertip and... ZAP! OW! The stuff SHOCKED me! And just as the ZAP occurred, the radio went dead. The outlet was one of those ground fault circuit interrupter types and I had, apparently, tripped the interrupter. After a moment of huuuuuuhh????, I pushed the reset button. Nothing happened. Push again. Still nothing. OK, so no pre-conditioner and no music. I got in the shower and opened up the shampoo. This time, I poured very carefully, prepared to react quickly in case of shock. No shock. That's good. Must've been some kinda freaky fluke thing. Now let's try the post-shampoo conditioner. Squeeze, drop, ZAP! OW! What's WITH this stuff?! OK, no post-conditioning, either.

So I finished up and started thinking about the money I'd wasted on this stuff. There was a customer service number on the box, so I dialed, wondering how I was going to explain my problem. When the nice lady answered, I forewarned her that she was not going to believe my story. She did sound a bit amused... and bemused. She had, as I fully expected, 'never heard anything like that before'. (I told y'all, we hear that a LOT.) She was sympathetic, but had no suggestions. So I hung up, put it all back in the box and gave it to a friend's 'thinning' husband.

Now this is not an isolated incident. It seems I have an unusually high amount of electricity coursing through my body. Just a few examples: When we lived on the Space Coast, there was one particular street light that went out every single time - no exaggeration - we stopped at the red light at that intersection. In winter, when the 'laundry room' was in the garage, I regularly had to drag Duller out of bed to get the clothes out of the dryer, coz they kept shocking me. I always do a little discharge tap on my car door before opening it.

One evening, on our way home from Orlando, we stopped at El Pollo Loco on Highway 50 for supper. We had just sat down to eat when the lights went out. DS immediately looked accusingly at me and said, 'well, you've done it again, Mom'. We walked outside and there was darkness as far as the eye could see. That night went down in history as The Night Mom Blew Out Colonial Drive.

Oh, and BTW, that bathroom outlet never worked again.

It is a good thing I have chosen to use my power for good, not evil... *heheheheh*

OK, some of you noticed that I wasn't actually shocked by the shampoo... but 'shocked by conditioner' just doesn't roll off the tongue quite so nicely. 8-}

10 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 24 October, 2008 05:52  

Oh my goodness. That is too funny.
I always get shocked at the grocery store. Canned goods, the metal handles on the freezers. I have to do the quick tap as well lol. We better not get together, that could be dangerous lol.
Hugs my friend.

He & Me + 3 24 October, 2008 07:31  

Too funny! Just don't get shocked at the Gas station...you may cause an explosion. I hate shocks...I always get a shock from my middle childs cheek in the morning as she is heading out of the van for school. Electric!

Debra Kaye 24 October, 2008 09:04  

Sophiemae,

This could be dangerous if you, me and Kim and Mimi ever get together...seriously. I get shocked too! However, I've never put out a whole city block!

Girl, you are funny! Happy Friday to you!

Kathy C. 24 October, 2008 09:53  

Wow! You really ARE a superhero, LOL. That's really funny! :)

Laurie Ann 24 October, 2008 10:41  

You're my (super)hero! LOL! I bet this condition has given you lots of humor through the years.

LauraLee Shaw 24 October, 2008 12:07  

LOL! You really shocked me with this one...into laughter!

2nd Cup of Coffee 24 October, 2008 12:46  

I was hoping this was not the set up for a joke because it's so funny. I have a similar story that is totally true, and yet it no longer happens to me. For a while, when I turned on my water in the kitchen sink and put my hands into the stream, I felt a small electric jolt. I tried and tried to explain this to my husband and a few close friends, but they thought I was crazy. One day it stopped and never came back!

Michele Williams 24 October, 2008 14:53  

Oh how funny! I get shocked too! lol....

Mikki 25 October, 2008 17:07  

Hey there! Another FL native! How cool! I'm actually Not a Native.. a 4 year transplant.. but love it here.

Love your blog! And I love the fact that you have some 'extra' power flowing through you. Don't we all.. it's called the Holy Spirit.. LOL

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP