Ain't God good?!!

>> 20 October 2009

The check I've been waiting for finally arrived, so I headed straight for the big city to buy groceries. And, as if that wasn't blessing enough, I got my MyPoints reward today... a $25 GC for Applebee's. DS volunteered to go with me and we got the 2/$20 deal. What a treat!

After we ate, we decided to go check out HHGregg... to give us a little time to recover before shopping... ever grocery shop right after a big meal? ( * ; * ) Another blessing was about to hit me. We looked at stoves and I found the one I want. Now I need to research, coz if I find a lower price, they'll beat it. As we were leaving the store, I grabbed a sale flyer. Now usually, we'd take off and I'd look at the flyer at home, but I decided to take just a couple minutes there in the parking lot. Hold and below, the pay-as-you-go phones we use (Net10) were on sale for HALF PRICE! (I had run out of time over the weekend and was going to wait till the end of the month to get a new one!) I called Duller right away (it was 5PM by now & he has an HHGregg card) and had him meet us there. We bought the last 4 they had.

DS decided he'd just as soon take off, so Duller went with me to Publix. Between BOGOs and super coupons, we ended up spending $35.xx for about $70 worth of groceries. He was in a REALLY good mood over that. 8-]

OK, I don't do coffee, so Idano if Eight O'clock brand is any good, but Publix has it BOGO right now AND there's a printable coupon for $2 off here, making it $2.99 for 2 bags. That's pretty good for coffee, ain't it? They had several flavours from which to choose.

For more sale/coupon match-ups, check out A Full Cup.

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 20 October, 2009 06:16  

Well first off I KNOW God's good. LOL
You got some great deals my friend. Way to go!!!! I love saving money. I am always in a bargaining frame of mind and I rarely pay full price for anything.
HUGS
Kim

Elizabeth 20 October, 2009 08:57  

Yes He Is!!!
I had not heard that about our W.D. I did know you have to watch what you are charged for items to make sure you get the sale price.
I think I will be going to the big city from now on !
p.s. I love your music,I don't want to turn it off!

KellyRae 20 October, 2009 15:28  

WTG, Sophie! God sure IS good... all the time! :) All those blessings and cooler weather... sounds like a nearly perfect day. I don't drink coffee, either, but that does sound like a good deal. I'll check out that coupon site, thanks.

SophieMae 20 October, 2009 22:50  

Kim, I hear ya. I have such a hard time understanding people who are actually embarrassed to use a coupon. Go figger.

Elizabeth, I was shocked to see this WD when we first moved here. I never liked the chain a lot, but this one is pretty awful in comparison. So glad you enjoy the music. I try to remember to change it now and them, but this is one of my favourites.

KellyRae, it really was a great day! Have fun with the coupons. 8-]

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP