Friday Funnies

>> 29 May 2009

Click the pic for more Friday Funnies


This week, I'm gonna share a real life adventure. Some years ago, I bought myself a little Renault Alliance convertible. I got it from a pastor, so I trusted him when he said the top didn't leak. Shortly thereafter, I picked up my dear friend Linda for a girls' day out. We were cruising along, enjoying the open road and open air when it started getting cloudy. We agreed it would be wise to pull over and lift the top. Sure enough, the rains soon came upon us. We were relieved to know the pastor spoke truth. The top did not leak. Suddenly, though, we started feeling a bit damp. This quickly developed into a good soaking. What on earth???!!! Well, turns out the gasket between the top and the windshield was missing. The rain blew in like fury and we laughed our fool heads off all the way home.

When I dropped Linda off, she went in and asked her DH to please get her a towel. He asked what had happened and she told him we went for a ride in the convertible.

'Why didn't you put the top up?!'

'We did.'

'You should've put it up before it started raining.'

'We did.'

'The top leaked?'

No, the top didn't leak.'

Just imagine the look of confusion on his face, LOL!

It's good to have a friend to laugh with when things get crazy. Not too many would be such a good sport, knowwhutImeanVern?

This is the same friend who was talking to me on the phone and asked me to hang on while she let the dog out. I waited, and waited, and waited... After a while, I heard her daughter talking to a friend. I started yelling her daughter's name and finally, she picked up the phone. She'd been convinced she was hearing voices, LOL! What a laugh we had when she told me her mom had left! Yep, she forgot all about me and went to the store. She's never gonna live that down!

5 comments:

Grammy 29 May, 2009 05:53  

That was great he did tell the truth. He just omitted where leaks come from.
LOL left on the phone.
Have a great week.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 29 May, 2009 06:00  

Oh I love it my friend. Too funny. Loved the last part about forgetting you were on the phone. That's sounds like something I would do! Ha!Ha!
I think I have my picture problem solved if you want to head back and take a gander!
Happy Friday my friend.
Kim

Susan 29 May, 2009 09:45  

WOW, that was funny!!!

Thanks for sharing this laugh today.

Blessings♥

Auntie Q 29 May, 2009 15:03  

Oh, that is too funny! Sounds like something I would do. Once my husband forgot to hang up his cell after a conversation with me, and I stayed on the line and listened to HIS private conversation about ME! Ha! Good thing it was nothing too bad. :)

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP