Thoughtful Thursday

>> 19 March 2009

"If I felt my heart as hard as a stone; if I did not love God, or man, or woman, or little child, I would yet say to God in my heart, 'O God, see how I trust Thee, because Thou art perfect, and not changeable like me. I do not love Thee. I love nobody. I am not even sorry for it. Thou seest how much I need Thee to come close to me, to put Thy arm round me, to say to me, MY CHILD: for the worse my state, the greater my need of my Father who loves me. Come to me, and my day will dawn; my love will come back, and, oh! how I shall love Thee, my God! and know that my love is Thy love, my blessedness Thy being.'" - George MacDonald

1 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 19 March, 2009 06:28  

Amen sister!
Oh by the way, you asked awhile back about my weight loss ticker being gone. Well originally it was gone because I couldn't figure out how to change it but since I've been working out more I've actually GAINED weight, but I'm sticking with the whole muscle weighs more than fat theory, because my clothes aren't tighter yet I've gained like 7 lbs. I've been doing a lot of weight training. So there is my reason! LOL.I thought it would look bad if the ticker kept going up and not down. ha ha!
Love you sister.

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP