Soar

>> 18 March 2009

And there is a Catskill eagle in some souls that can alike dive down into the blackest gorges, and soar out of them again and become invisible in the sunny spaces. And even if he forever flies within the gorge, that gorge is in the mountains; so that even in his lowest swoop the mountain eagle is still higher than other birds upon the plain, even though they soar.
-- Melville, Moby-Dick Ch. XCVI

1 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 18 March, 2009 16:19  

Okay I admit. I didn't read soar, I read sore. I came here expecting to hear you say something about working out and being sore! LOL. You still love me?
LOL. I was just having a duh, moment!
BIG hugs!

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP