Just thinkin'...

>> 29 May 2011

Would you give up your rights to fulfill your duties?

Don’t tear apart the work of God over what you eat. Remember, all foods are acceptable, but it is wrong to eat something if it makes another person stumble. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble. You may believe there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God. - Romans 14:20-22

Do you think this chapter is just talking about food?
.

2 comments:

KellyRae 29 May, 2011 13:51  

I never thought of it so deeply before. There are so many things in life we could/should apply this to. Some biggies, some tiny things we never even think about. We just never know who we might affect, or how.

jena 30 May, 2011 01:48  

I love bacon on my salad, but I never indulge when I'm with a friend who believes we shouldn't eat pork. As KellyRae said, though, there are probably dozens of little things I do that could make someone else uncomfortable. I resolve, here and now, to make an efffort to be more aware! First on my list: stop wearing pants when I go out with my skirts/dresses only friend! (baby steps) :)

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP