Coming out of the dark

>> 03 April 2011

Well, I just about got myownself pulled back together, after 3 deaths (one family, one closer than family and one just TOO YOUNG!), dog bite, spider bites that take forever to heal, etc, etc, etc...


I didn't think a whole lot, personally, about a double homicide that took place on Wednesday up in the north end of the county, until... Something made me take a closer look at the story today. In a nutshell, a young lady's ex-boyfriend stabbed and killed her father and her current BF and put her in intensive care. Then left their 1yo baby, bruised and covered in blood (but not stabbed, PTL!) there with the bodies! Anyhow, turns out the girl's father was the sweet man that collected entrance fees at the wildlife refuge. The gate wasn't always manned, but when it was, we always exchanged smiles and a few friendly words. I didn't recognize the name, but when I saw his picture, a little shock went through my entire body. It was ALWAYS such a pleasure to see him there. Everybody loved him. What IS this world coming to?!

In times like this, we can ONLY lean on God and hold on till He pulls - or pushes - us through.
Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

3 comments:

BParrish 04 April, 2011 19:29  

Mercy! What is the world coming to? Those kind of people frighten me because there is just no remorse or logic, just senseless violence and death. At times like these, we can only remember who holds us and will keep us for eternity.

Mikki 06 April, 2011 17:25  

Goodness. The world is such an ugly place at times.. I am humbled to know I have a God I can lean on and pressed to pray for those who don't...
Blessings dear friend

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP