Or***. org*** (just can't bring myself to say it)
>> 20 January 2011
I was leaving a comment for The Not So Perfect Housewife - re her how do you o........ or..... keep your coupons handy? query - and realized it was getting pretty windy, so figgered I'd just make it a post. 8-]
Well, I'd like to say that I faithfully keep up my binder and have all my coupons sorted and filed away in it, ready to whip out at a moment's notice. But I can't. 'Org*n*iz*tion' is a near-dirty word in this house. I just know - mostly - which pile to dig through to find the coupons I need for the current list. I stick the list and coupons in a recycled envelope and write out detailed instructions for Duller or DS, who usually do the actual shopping, coz they're already in the big city, which saves us an extra 2-3 gallons of gas.
I also have a plastic check file thingy that I sometimes remember to take along when I have several stores to hit. It's pretty handy for keeping each store's coupons separated and there are extra slots to stick in any coupons I find in the aisles.
I reckon I've progressed to a higher level. My last few shops have included two $0 OOP (out of pocket) and one 95% savings. I just love hyper-couponing! And I've started accumulating a tiny stockpile. It's so nice, when we need more ketchup or juice, to just open up the 'pantry' and grab a new bottle. We probably have enough cereal to last 4-5 months... maybe longer. Our cereal consumption tends to ebb and flow. We're working on the last pack of paper towels now. Last time I bought those was probably 5-6 months ago. Time to start looking for another sale.
Well, that's my story - and 'm sticking to it. Oh, and if any of y'all happened to see the Extreme Couponing show on TLC, we're not all crazy, honest. 8-]








2 comments:
ROFL
I watched that show (well that last part of it) and thought they were crazy. I know they say they give it away.. but if they do.. why is it all on their basement still???
Love this post..
You are too funny
I watched the show at my daughter's house. She started couponing out of necessity and we are both amazed at the savings. She told me last night on the phone that she saved 50% on her grocery bill. I'm convinced. Time to start clipping for me!
Post a Comment