Soap dish - tossing it

>> 20 July 2010

Has anybody else out there stopped using soap? I've long since given up antiperspirant, coz those chemicals soak right into your bloodstream through your pores, donchaknow?! Oh, don't worry, I still use Tom's deodorant. I've also been using Tom's non-fluoride toothpaste, but am switching to just baking soda.

Next out the door was/is shampoo. I just did my first shampooless hair wash a few days ago and... I have to confess... I didn't think I was doing a good job and added just a tiny bit of shampoo. I figured it'd be easier if I started out with clean hair. 8-} Since then, I've been checking out borax. There are so many opinions out there, both pro and con. What to believe? Personally, I think most people are kinda scared to change the status quo. And we've all grown up with the FDA-approval mentality. I reckon a lot of the 'it's dangerous' notions come from lack of knowledge. Many of the comments I've read mention not getting it in your eyes. Well, branded shampoos burn, right? Didn't they used to issue similar warnings? Anyhow, I'm still hovering over the fence on this one.

My next steps are throwing out the laundry detergent and body wash. A nice baking soda shower, follwed by an apple cider vinegar rinse should do quite nicely. I've read some encouraging reports from others who have already espoused this method. Any other rebels reading this? I'd love to know how it's working out for y'all.

I've been wondering how it would work to hit the beach for a nice soak, then just rinse out the salt and sand. Hey, it could work! 8-]

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

2 comments:

Kathy C. 20 July, 2010 18:46  

Girl, I SO understand what you are going through. I tried the shampoo less thing, but I CANNOT do it. I have tried every method known to man (well, it feels that way, anyhow). I have decided to go with Dr. Woods Shea body wash (I also use it for shaving, and hubby uses it for hair wash). I get it at the Health Food store. I figured, well, I can do that, and still wash with shampoo, because I just HAVE to, lol.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 20 July, 2010 21:06  

I do as much natural as I can and really don't use anything right now that is bad for me. I've been using Tom's for years and have loved it.
I use the Lavender Organic Laundry Detergent from Sam's and it works pretty good.
I'm all for keeping our bodies healthy!
So know you're not alone.
Hugs
Kim

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP