Thrifty Thursday
>> 15 October 2009
Times are tough all over and we're all doing our part to fight fiscal frustration.
I NEVER shop at WD here. They have been accused - and I believe it - of taking items out of the dumpster and reshelving them. I have taken back things that had been opened - no phfff when I removed the lid - and later found the same items back on the shelf. UGH! The place is disgusting!
Admittedly, Publix is, as a rule, a bit more expensive. But with a little planning, we can save a ton. The thing I love most about Publix - well, second to its obviously superior environment - is the plethora of BOGO deals. Last week, between the BOGOs and coupons, I paid app. $66 for $111 worth of groceries! (And that was without really thoroughly scouring all the coupon sources available!) Keep your eyes peeled for coupons on those sale items. They had a BOGO offer on Old El Paso dinner kits. I had a coupon for $1 off 3 OEP items AND a coupon for a free OEP taco seasoning package. Bottom line: I got 2 dinner kits and the seasoning pack for under $2. And I later found out I could have gotten a free shopping bag with that purchase. Yep, I'm still learning.
Today's lesson: When you think you've found all the coupons you can use, go back and look again. 8-]
Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^








1 comments:
I admit I'm a Publix shopper! I try to stock up on the buy one get one free deals when they come around on stuff I actually buy!
Love you my friend.
Kim
Post a Comment