Out of touch with reality?
>> 24 October 2009
One of my favourite Saturday morning 'activities' is watching America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. The thing that always amazes me, though, is the how straight-faced they remain while quoting prices on items they compare. Today, for example, they rated cookware and narrowed down to two of each piece. First, a 12" SS skillet... the best was about $135, and the 'affordable' alternative was over $90. (The 'best' saucepan was even more)! Is it just me? Am I stuck in a Jurassic economic era? Who can afford to pay $100+ for ONE frying pan? (It gets worse... I searched for a pic and found ONE 12" SS skillet for $225! OK, if it's gold and I can cash it in after I'm done cooking, maybe....) I love to cook and I'd really love to have the best equipment, but I balk at forking over that much for a whole set! OK, I'm super-cheap and will wait till the item I want goes to deep discount just to save $10. Hey, $10 can feed my family for a day. But really, should I move on into the 21st century or am I not alone in my dismay?









0 comments:
Post a Comment