Do you sudoku?
>> 22 April 2009
Out here in the boonies, where broadband is an elusive dream, I spend a lot of my computer time waiting for pages to load. The older I get, the less patience I seem to have for twiddling my thumbs. So I keep myself surrounded with little things to pass the time. Sudoku is perfect for those times. I buy all my puzzles at Dollar Tree. It's just too hard to justify paying $4-7 for a 'magazine' I'm going to scribble in and toss. It's kinda funny how much I enjoy sudoku and kakuro - when I started, they both had American names - since math was never my favourite subject.
Word Chaos comes in handy, as well. Push the function button and the screen displays 16 random letters. It gives you about 6-7 minutes to make words out of those letters, then tallies your score and keeps track of your personal best. Now this one makes more sense, coz I've always loved words and I can Scrabble till the cows come home.
Lately, I've been spending a couple hours a day at the library, taking advantage of their broadband. I mean, I get about 45bps here at home. At the library, I'm streaking along at 54mps! I save videos for those times. If I just can't wait, I might throw a load in the washer, make myself a sandwich and do a few logic problems while waiting. Or take a stroll around the yard, water the butterfly garden, snap a few bird pics...
So, are any of y'all still in the slow lane with me? What do you do while those pictures are loading? Have you noticed how many sites have flash now?
How about all you 21st century dwellers? What kind of service do you have? Are you happy with it? How fast can you surf? Is it worth the extra ca$h? I'm getting spoiled at the lyeberry, but they won't let me set up like I do here. No food, no drink, no pillows... 8-}
.








2 comments:
I don't know how fast I'm going Sophie ... but my brain is sure slower than the 45bps! ha!
Love ya!
My hubby loves to do suduko. I like it but don't have a lot of time for it.
Hugs.
Post a Comment