going places?

>> 21 March 2009

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Unknown


And today, I'm going to hunt down a rare bird that has been spotted about halfway across the state. I was determined to get an early start so we can make it home before dark. (And this time, I did remember to put my tripod in the car).

Before we can leave, though, I'm waiting for 'the tree guy' to come and take down an oak I've been begging Duller for 5 years to have removed. It's not a bad tree, but it's blocking our one live oak. Poor tree, it's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But it'll make great firewood after a year or so of seasoning. Meanwhile, maybe some of the pieces will server as stools around the pond I've been begging Duller for 7 years to finish. (*;^)
Where are you going today?


Y'all have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 23 March, 2009 06:43  

Hello my sweet friend. I was just over at A view from my beach chair where she was talking about the Parent Trap movie. I had commented before I read your comment and said the same thing about using the Lords name in vain. We couldn't stand listening to it so we just have the original. Otherwise the movie would have been really cute. I often wonder why they have to ruin a movie like that. There are so many other things they could say. It bothers us greatly as well. It's good to see someone with the same convictions!
Big hugs to you my friend.

Anonymous 23 March, 2009 13:09  

And by "hunt down", you mean follow the birdie and snap your camera for an awesome Kodak picture.

Right? (bites nails)

Oops, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Martha and I found you through Sparkpeople.com! I left you a comment on your page over there as well, how funny we managed to bump into each other. It's a small world after all!!

Whelp, I hope to hear from you soon. Have a fabulous day.. taking pictures of the bird (crosses fingers)

<3 Martha
Fly Away Birdie

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP