catching up on the awards circuit

>> 12 January 2009

I am embarrassed and ashamed at how far behind I've gotten. The holidays are a fair excuse - and partially legitimate - but mostly just that... an excuse. (Truth be told, I've let some discouragement and insecurities creep in and seriously considered deleting this blog entirely.)

My humblest apologies to KIM for letting her bestowment go unacknowledged for so long. She has a beautiful soul, creative spirit and loving heart and deserves better from a friend.

Now, without further ado, I most humbly and gratefully accept the following blog awards.





With this one, I am supposed to fess up to 5 addictions and then tag 5 fabulous people.

Well, in no particular order, I am addicted to...

1 - JESUS - yep, definitely A2J
2 - Kirkland's - if we had a Dockside Imports nearby, that would be on the list
3 - my camera - it's practically an appendage
4 - yellow rice with either black beans or Muir Glen tomato soup
5 - books - I have hundreds in boxes, waiting for the home library of my dreams. 8-}


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




This award has a fun twist ... find the book closest to you, turn to page 56, and type in the fifth sentence plus a couple more after that. Then pass it on to 5 other bookies.

The book closest to me right now is Fireproof. I haven't really had a chance to get into it yet, but it's first on my list next time I come up for air. 8-]

No return?
That sounded like surrender, like giving up. But who was Caleb fooling? Marriage wasn't a game, some contest in which all the spoils went to the victor. This was supposed to be a joint venture, right? A partnership. And his partner wanted nothing to do with him.


I'm going to pass BOTH of these on to
SwampAngel, Mikki, GraceAnne, Meems, and... darn, everyone I would have listed either has already been bestowed or doesn't 'do' awards/tags... and I drove over 800 miles this weekend, so my brain is just too tired to hunt down more... so PLEASE, if you're a regular reader, consider yourself twice-bestowed!

God bless y'all! Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

4 comments:

SwampAngel65 12 January, 2009 14:58  

Thanks Sophie! I've been way behind in things myself (example: you don't have your jam yet, do you?). Do you know what a time I'm having finding boxes to mail that jam in??? Any ideas? I hate the thought of having to go to the UPS store and pay to have them fix 'em up, but I may have to.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 13 January, 2009 06:21  

You are so precious my friend. I love coming here and seeing your heart and humor! Your forgiven lol!
Hugs.
Kim

Mikki 13 January, 2009 22:36  

Thank you so much! I will try and work on this tomorrow :-)

Debra Kaye 20 January, 2009 08:13  

SophieMae,

You are so fabulous!

PS...If you delete your blog...Kimmy and I will come and hunt you down and do something. I don't know...actually, we won't. This is an idle threat that Kimmy doesn't even know about but I'm sure she would agree with. lol

Come and see me today and pick up some color! Hugs, to you, my friend.

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP