Now I remember...
>> 01 December 2008
... why I stopped frequenting fabric stores. WM and JoAnn aren't too bad, coz they're big and have lots of other stuff and good ventilation. But after a few days in my much smaller bedroom, all closed up for winter, the chemicals started to get to me. The guys refer to me in many endearing terms that reflect my super-sniffer powers. Is it just me? Gosh, this stuff is awful! I never used to, but I'm washing these pieces before I start cutting.
If you're sewing/crafting Christmas gifts, be sure to check out JoAnn's* sales! I got several Butterick patterns for 99¢ each. That sale ended, but this week, Simplicity's are $1.99 apiece. All sorts of decorations, supplies, etc are 30-60% off. Sign up for their email newsletters and get great deals online, as well. They hve a free shipping coupon right now, so you'll save even more in gas.
A few months back, I repurposed our little-used office into a workout room. (My desktop PC is still on the built-in desk, but most of my puter time is on the laptop now.) Then I started unpacking all the boxes from our move that didn't happen and can't get to the treadmill or trampoline. (I know y'all are relating in some way. lol!) Now I'm wondering if I can fit a sewing room in there, as well. Hmmm, can I turn the smallest room in the house into a TARDIS? 8-}
*Disclaimer: I am not associated or affiliated with JoAnn in any way. Just a happy customer who loves a bargain. 8-]








2 comments:
Joann's is fun. I spent some time in there on Black Friday. I was buying some fabric to add onto drapes to make them longer. I utilized a 50% off coupon.
I'm not doing much crafting this Christmas but I know how fun it can be.
Have fun being crafty!
Oh my friend I can relate in every way possible. Our office/craft/sewing/storage room has been in every room of the house but ours. I just unpacked the last of the boxes from not moving as well and I do try to wash the fabrics when I get them home though I don't always succeed at that.
Hugs to you my friend.
Post a Comment