Friday Funnies

>> 21 November 2008


Click the pic for more Friday Funnies


When we lived in Daytona, I spent some time working at a funeral home. At night. It didn't make sense, but every time I turned off the road into the cemetery, I turned the radio down. (Weird, huh?)

Anyhow, Duller and I had bought a bottle of champagne to celebrate an anniversary. Now THAT was weird, coz i hate the stuff and knew I'd only take one obligatory sip. So there we were with a practically full bottle of perfectly good (that's a matter of opinion) bottle of bubbly. One of the women I worked with was having marital problems, so I thought I'd give it to her and she and her dh could have a nice romantic evening. On the way to work, I was holding the bottle, kinda resting in my lap, to make sure it didn't fall over and spill. (Hey, it could happen). Do you know what happens to champagne when it gets warm? There I was, cruising down the busiest road in the area, singing along with Twila or Smitty or whoever, when... POW!!!!!! Thank goodness the windows were down! That cork (and my heart!) went flying right out the window and the champagne did a magnificent Vesuvius impression! YIKES! I instinctively thrust my hand out the window, then thought better of it. What if a cop saw me driving down the road with an obviously open container, spewing all over the public thoroughfare? I jerked it back in and rushed as quickly as legally possible to the cemetery. By then, the headliner and I were pretty nicely soaked. (Imagine showing up at your job reeking of alcohol. LOL!)

It was all good, coz Duller had to drive the car the rest of the week. He just kept praying he wouldn't get stopped for anything, coz it smelled like a brewery for a long, long time. Just another day with the 'M'. 8-]

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 21 November, 2008 06:16  

Oh I LOVE it. You have the best real life funnies my friend lol.
Hey I just now got my post up due to the lock down they have me on for some reason. Mr. Linky is for some reason on the fritz so you can post your url to this in your comment okay?
Hugs to you my friend.
Are you feeling better? You are going to bring some smiles with this story lol.

Debra Kaye 21 November, 2008 15:18  

SophieMae,

You kill me...that is too funny!

I hope you are feeling better, sweet sis! Take a swig of whiskey...it'll chase whatever is ailin ya away! just kiddin!

((hugs))

Mikki 21 November, 2008 22:41  

Too funny!!
I bought some wine one time to cook a seafood dish and on my way out of the store I ran into my pastors wife. LOL. She just smiled and said - "I bet whatever your cooking is going to taste great"..
Thankfully she knew I LOVED to cook!

Lisa 22 November, 2008 09:11  

Ok, I have to tell you as a retired police officer, I don't know if I would have bought your story either. Even if it were true, it does sound pretty.....fishy. And I can see that in my head giving me the giggles!

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP