Blameless

>> 20 September 2008

I was watching Kirk Cameron's show (The Way of the Master) the other night. He was talking about witnessing to our loved ones. One of the points he made was about being 'blameless'. The gist: if you're talkin' the talk you oughta be walkin' the walk. We all know that our friends and family are more influenced by what we do than by what we say. Jesus told us that they will be won by our actions, not our words. Are we living our faith?

By nature, I'm a chameleon. I'm extremely eclectic and am fairly comfortable - as comfortable as an introvert can be - with all types of people. Sometimes I catch myself starting to 'go with the flow'. I dislike confrontation and I hate drawing attention to myself. I want people to be happy. And yes, I want them to like me. The older I get, the less I care what others think of me, but the need for approval is still there.

Won't it be wonderful when we all get to heaven and no longer have to struggle with our flesh?!

In the same way, wives, be subject to your own husbands. Then, even if some are disobedient to the word, they will be won over without a word by the way you live, when they see your pure and reverent conduct.
1 Peter 3:1,2
.

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 20 September, 2008 06:55  

I struggle with those same things believe it or not. I am actually a very shy person when you first meet me. Great post and so true my friend. Walk the walk before talking the talk!
Blessings to you!

Erica 20 September, 2008 07:13  

That is so very true. It really doesn't matter what we say, when our doing doesn't match up. Thanks for the reminder.

flmom 20 September, 2008 08:46  

Oh yeah - as I've grown older I really could care less what people think of me yet that desire for approval is definitely still there.

I've never watched Kirk Cameron's show. I had intentions to this past week, but my evening yard work took longer than I hoped and I missed it. I think it was the start of a new season for the show?

Kathy C. 20 September, 2008 11:06  

Do you ever get the feeling that people are talking straight to your hear somedays? Thank you for your post today, I think I needed that. :)
Blessings.

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP