Am I a failure?
>> 25 August 2008
I'm about to say something that is not going to be very popular with some readers.
Remember when we said that if women ran the world, it'd be a better place?
We were wrong.
I've been watching PBS's Florida Channel quite a bit lately. One thing, in particular, really stands out. I'm seeing lots of women. In fact, most of the PIC's (persons in charge - of the committee or panel or council or...) are women. I've come to the conclusion that's at least a good part of the problem with our government these days. Women should not be in those positions.
I grew up in the middle of The Great Liberation. Even then, I only half-heartedly thought it might be a good idea... maybe. When it came down to it, I chose to follow a more traditional path. I turned down a teaching scholarship to get married and become a full-time homemaker. I've never regretted that decision.
All this equality nonsense... well some of us are smart enough to reaize that would be a backward step. Why would a prize filly want to be a pack mule? Don't get me wrong. I know women CAN do many 'men's jobs', but why would they want to? What is it that makes some women feel incomplete without their names on an office door? And once they have that, why do they still want more? Maybe the prize they're pursuing is really fool's gold.
I do realize that a lot of ignorant men have a tendency to be condescending toward women. But two wrongs have never made a right and never will. Besides, very few of those ignorant men will have a different attitude just because a woman becomes their boss.
Call me old-fashioned, but I enjoy beng a W-O-M-A-N. I've never been offended by being referred to as one of the girls. Certainly having a door opened or a chair pulled out for me doesn't insult me. On the contrary, such gentlemanly niceties make me feel cherished and appreciated.
Far be it from me to step down off this pedestal into a corner office. The view is so much better from up here. I have no higher degrees hanging on my walls. When I walk into a restaurant, no one asks for my autograph. I shop the bargain bins and have no designer labels in my closet. I'm not listed in any Who's Who. But my name IS in the LAMB's Book of Life. I will count my life a success if, at its end, He says to me 'Well done, good and faithful servant!'








2 comments:
Well SophieMaie I am so very thankful that you have come out of hiding lol. It's very nice to meet you. And I agree with you wholeheartedly on this post. I don't believe women should have the authority over men. We're to hormonal lol. Please come by any time to say hi or just to "lurk" ha ha.
Blessings to you.
Kim
This.
Is.
Awesome!
I linked it to the post you commented on on my blog. Thanks for the comment. I agree with it precisely... I KNOW Mrs. Palin can do it. I am sure she can do it rather well. WHY would she want to when she could be home with her children instead??
CRAZY!
I also stumbled your post.
blessings!
Jacque
http://jacquedixon.com
http://growingingraceonline.com
Post a Comment