new furniture

>> 06 October 2008

This is how the dining half of my great room looks today. You might notice there's a big difference from last week. I finally scored on Craigslist and this wonderful hutch is now MINE!


I was so excited to get it in here! But I could use a little advice from minds more creative than my own. I like the toile background the previous owner added, but it's a little busy for my theme. (Oh, gosh, I have a theme, even! woohoo!) I'm not sure you can see it - maybe in the larger view just click the pic) - but I put a mirror tile in the bottom left corner to see how that might work. I like it, but that would take a lot of tiles and not fit perfectly and be a lot of work and expense. I thought maybe that mirrored look contact paper stuff. But the mirror thing might just get to be a bit much on all 3 shelves. So maybe plain white is the way to go... but then I'd have to match the colour of the piece and... Ideally, I'd like to do something that will cover the blue print, but not permanently. I might, after all, want it back some day.

Also, I have those little doors with glass inserts on either side - just testing the look - but can't think what to do with them. I'd love to frame them in on either side of the opening between LR and FR, but that's way too major a deal for us. Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself here. First, I need to decide what to do with that space on each side of the hutch. I'm thinking a nice set of pole lamps from Kirkland's Home (my favourite place to shop for such things).

Duller is pretty happy with the new look, as well. I wonder how happy he'll be when I tell him we now have to start looking for a new table and chairs coz these are too dark. 8-}

On another note, I've been trying to comment on y'all's blogs, but my usual dial-up speed (or lack thereof) is starting to seem like Indy... it's been impossibly slow the past few days. I'll try the very few tricks I know and hope it gets better. Meanwhile, just remember I still love y'all.

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 06 October, 2008 17:49  

I LOVE the hutch! I wish we had room for one. We don't really have a dining "area" all to itself. It's part of a bigger open area. We have been looking for a larger table for months now. Whenever we have company over we have to drag another table out from somewhere. I've been looking at craigslist every day.
Nice score my friend.

Debra Kaye 06 October, 2008 19:50  

The hutch is great!! I love hutches!! I think they just make a room look so special...and homey.

Blessings to you this evening my sweet friend.

SophieMae 06 October, 2008 22:52  

Kim, I'm never sure whether to reply here or on the commenter's blog. There need to be some rules.

Debra, me too! I've been looking for ever so long. This was a real gift from God! PTL!

Y'all be blessed! ^i^

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality 09 November, 2008 15:57  

Sophie, that is a great hutch! Glad you found a good score. You know I love a good deal too. Not sure what to tell you about the toile backing. It sure is pretty, so is there anyway you can leave it for now?!

About Me

My photo
I love JESUS! I'm a 7th-generation Florida native, dyed-in-the-wool Southron belle. I just recently dusted off my genealogy notes and, thanks to a long-lost relative, nearly doubled the details. We started home schooling when only 'outlaws' did it and still enjoy a daily quest for knowledge. These days, the family spends a lot of time birding, butterflying, spending as much time in 'the woods' as possible while they're still here.
Powered By Blogger

Followers

    © Shabach the Rock. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP